Sunday, September 2, 2007

Surviving Cancer

When I "Got the call" that I had Stage III Breast and Lymph node cancer I was shocked. I am glad I took a girlfriend with me to listen to the results of my tests, because when the doctor said I had cancer and it had spread to my lymph nodes and he continued talking about it serious implecations, I went blank. Like Roger Rabbit, I felt trapped between the walls where someone has just knocked the "code" and I was suppose to respond......... but what was the response I was to deliver???

I stayed in this "wall" for four days, going through doctor appointments, tests and more tests and I have no recall of any of it.

All in all, I found myself registering at the Cancer Institute, preparing for treatment, and since I do not have health insurance, I had a choice. Pay Cash prior to any appointment, or sign up for County Social Services; welfare. What an added "hit" to my self image! The doctor said that my chemo treatments alone would be $100,000.00 (Ten thousand dollars per treatment) and that they would begin immediately. They would start with a choice of 3 out of 4 differenct chemicals, mixed together for my first intervaneous injection. Then, in 2 or 3 weeks, the second dose would consist of a different combination of these 4 chemicals, and so on and so forth until they found the right balance of chemicals, and degree of doses that would work best for me. YUK! Testing on Me, was not setting right to me.

My friend sent me a website of: http://www.sanoviv.com/ Thank God, because Sanoviv saved my life, with dignity and compassion. I reviewed the website, interviewed a doctor on a conference call with them and within the week, I was there. Rosarito Beach, in Baja California (Mexico) just a 45 minute drive south of San Diego. Sanoviv picked me up at the San Diego airport and brought me to their beautiful medical resort on the Pacific Coast where, within 4 days, they not only found the primary cancer (which my doctor here said they could not find because it had spread into my lymph nodes and now was all over my body); but they also surgically removed it. I came home for 3 weeks, while they tested my cancer cells in a laboratory (not on my body) with different chemicals to determine the dosage and type of chemical that best destroyed the cancer cells without killing me. While they had my cells ,and once they determined what type of chemical I needed and what dosage, they then, created a serum utilizing my own cancer cells, that I would injest on a given prodocal, that would "tag" the cancer cells anywhere in my body, so that my immune system could then fight it off.

You see, cancer is invisible to our immune system. Our immune system knows something is wrong but cannot identify what cells to fight, until they are "tagged" with this TRANSFER FACTOR, that is created from your own cancer cells. Talk about intelligent medicine. I can't say enough about this wonderful place.

3 comments:

Cooper said...

What an inspiring post. I followed the link from your daughter in law. I watched my Mom go through 4 years of chemo treatments and would not wish that on anyone. I am grateful for whatever led me to your page. The information is priceless. I wish you peace on your outstanding journey. Thanx for sharing it.

Dusty Buckel said...

Good Beautiful Day Cooper; How is your Mother?? If you ever want anyone to contact me, feel free to do so.

I have made a remarkable come back, altho, I still need to watch my diet, as that is an important part of staying healthy. Check out www.Sanoviv.com and you can see that they treat almost everything, AND, you don't have to be ill to go there. I met people that went there for their annual check up, or just to detox their bodies, or just for the wonderful rejuvenation program they have. In two weeks, you can drop 10 yrs off your face!!

People that used to go to Mayo Clinic for a four day assessment costing over $16,000, come to Sanoviv for the 4 day assessment for $4,200.

Great to hear from you. "Choose your Miracle and Create it!"
God Bless,
Dusty

Cooper said...

Dusty -
When my Mom had her original surgery (late 90's) the doctores were saying "six months". Through her spiritual strength she lasted 4 years, going into total remission after 2 years. Her doctors were dumbfounded. They didn't know how it was possible. She was a fighter. It finally cought up with her, however and she passed away in 2000. She taught us all how to not give up and stay positive in front of all odds. Thanx for all your information and your wonderful spirit.