Monday, September 10, 2007

Pin the Tail... is that like Life??

Ever wonder how to get beyond that seeming impossible hill?? Sure, I have said many times, just see yourself on the other side, and the "where with all" to get you there will show up. Yes,..... AND, then you find out that the other side is another hill, even bigger!! Kinda like playing that child game of Pin the Tale on the Donkey!! There you see it (your dream), the donkey in clear big color, right in front of you. You are handed it's tale (just enough of your dream to make it real to you) with a pin on the end so you can just take a few steps forward, and "stick" the pin in, at the hind end of the donkey and you win!! Nice and Easy, right? Wrong. They blindfold you, and spin you around so you loose your balance and sense of direction. Does any of this sound familiar with your "Dream"? One minute you can see it right there, in front of you, clear as a bell, you can even touch it, even have a piece of it in your hands, then the "blindfold" comes on and you loose sight of it, not to mention you are spun around so now you don't even know in which direction you are to go!

.......... but is real Life, that kind of a game?? Are we to accept that we are blind to what we want, and go around with a piece of it in our hands, totally spun around, dizzy and yet expected to find the right dot in which to stick this Pin?? Look at your life. Where are you seeing yourself, if you are blindfolded, and are to stick a pinned tail on your donkey?? Are you even in the same room, for God's sake? Ha!! Now, that is a new one that I just thought of.

Yeah, maybe that's it! I have not been in the same room with the donkey.
Gosh, that is really a sad thought, when I think it through, it is not so funny after all!

Well, at least I am willing to play. Are you?? Are you willing to take another spin and try another shot at Pinning the tail on your donkey?? Maybe your donkey is running for a political seat, or perhaps you may be thinking about pulling all those loose ends together to finally close that sale, and you may be thinking that all you need do is to pull.... "just one more rabbit out of that hat"....... then you realize, that you don't even have a hat!!! Can you tell that I have been there?

Perhaps this is why I can make "jest" over the situation of being in this position in the first place. Sure, if I just had an 8 to 5 job and got a salary and a steady paycheck, I certainly would not be posting these silly thoughts, and personal truisms, but alas, I don't ...... and I am!

So, what to do, when in this spot? ......................... Put on a funny movie and know that you have done all you can do, even gone beyond the expected, and now, it is time to just let go. That's right! Let Go and Let God.

So, in my letting go, I sit here with my fingers talking to you, and you and you. Guess I need to go find a "funny movie" to put on.

Notice I said Funny! Life is stressful enough, without watching movies that require a session with your therapist, afterwards.

Take care and let's chat more later. God Bless....... Dusty

1 comment:

Cooper said...

Letting go seems to be the theme of the day for me. I was at a meeting tonight where letting go was the main topic. And what happens when the room with the donkey is in a house in another state???? I always find that Caddyshack improves my mood.....good post. Who needs an 8 to 5 job anyway????